A girl from Lesbos, the daughter of Macareus, who was loved by Apollo disguised as a shepherd. The town of Issa is said to have received its name from her.
- Ovid. Metamorphoses vi, 124.
- Smith, William. (1870). Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. London: Taylor, Walton, and Maberly.
- Stephanus of Byzantium, s.v.
- Strabo. Geography i, p. 60.
- Tzetzes on Lycophron, 220.
This article incorporates text from Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology (1870) by William Smith, which is in the public domain.