A daughter of Boreas and Orithyia, and the sister of Cleopatra, Zetes, and Calais. She is the mother of Eumolpus by Poseidon, but to conceal the event she threw the child into the sea where it was saved by Poseidon. Eumolpus, a Thracian, later became a singer and priest.
- Aken, Dr. A.R.A. van. (1961). Elseviers Mythologische Encyclopedie. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
- Bartelink, Dr. G.J.M. (1988). Prisma van de mythologie. Utrecht: Het Spectrum.
- Pausanias. Description of Greece i, 38.2.
- Pseudo-Apollodorus. The Library iii, 15.2-4.
- Smith, William. (1870). Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. London: Taylor, Walton, and Maberly.