A blue stone, round, with a hole in it, that was used for the cure of the evil eye. Mary Macintyre, the notorious witch of Fort William (An Gearasdan) in the Highlands, had a clach na lèigh, a stone of healing virtues. She would thrust her tongue through it prior to making divinations, and then gave young women accounts of their sweethearts, secure for seamen and other visitors to the town with their commodities a sale for their goods, etc.
- Campbell, J.G. (1902). Witchcraft & Second Sight in the Highlands & Islands of Scotland. Glascow: James MacLehose and Sons, p. 93.