A surname of Aphrodite, derived from the celebrated temple of the goddess at Paphos in Cyprus. A statue of Aphrodite Paphia also stood in the sanctuary of Ino, between Oetylus and Thalamae in Laconia.
- Homeric Hymns. Hymn to Aphrodite, 59.
- Pausanias. Description of Greece iii, 36.
- Pseudo-Apollodorus. The Library iii, 14.2.
- Smith, William. (1870). Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. London: Taylor, Walton, and Maberly.
- Strabo. Geography xiv, p. 683.
- Tacitus. Historiae ii, 2.
This article incorporates text from Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology (1870) by William Smith, which is in the public domain.