A mountain in Sri Lanka, also known as Adam's Peak. It bears a depression resembling a giant footprint, and is the sources of many legends:
- In Christian legend, it is the footprint of Saint Thomas.
- In Muslim legend, it is the footprint of Adam. This is where an angel showed Adam all the ills of the world.
- In Buddhist legend, it is the site of the Sripada, the Sacred Footstep of Buddha, his last contact with the world.
- The Shaivites, followers of Shaivism, believe it is the footprint of Shiva.
- Leach, Maria, ed. (1984). Funk & Wagnalls Standard Dictionary of Folklore, Mythology, and Legend. New York: HarperCollins.