The name of Semele, under which Dionysus fetched her from Hades, and introduced her among the immortals. See also Thyoneus.
- Homeric Hymns, v, 21.
- Apollonius Rhodius. Argonautica i, 636.
- Cicero. On the Nature of the Gods iii, 23.
- Diodorus Siculus. Historical Library iv, 25.
- Pindar. Pythian Odes iii, 99.
- Pseudo-Apollodorus. The Library iii, 5.3.
- Smith, William. (1870). Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. London: Taylor, Walton, and Maberly.
This article incorporates text from Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology (1870) by William Smith, which is in the public domain.