"God his help." The name of several biblical personages:
- "Of Damascus," the "steward" (R.V., "possessor") of Abraham's house.1 It was probably he who headed the embassy sent by Abraham to the old home of his family in Padan-aram to seek a wife for his son Isaac. The account of this embassy is given at length in Gen. 24.
- The son of Becher, and grandson of Benjamin.2
- One of the two sons of Moses, born during his sojourn in Midian.3 He remained with his mother and brother Gershom with Jethro when Moses returned to Egypt.4 They were restored to Moses when Jethro heard of his departure out of Egypt.
- One of the priests who blew the trumpet before the ark when it was brought to Jerusalem.5
- Son of Zichri, and chief of the Reubenites under David.6
- A prophet in the time of Jehoshaphat.7
Others of this name are mentioned in Luke 3:29; Ezra 8:16; 10:18, 23, 31.