The personification of sensual pleasure among the Romans, who was honored with a temple near the Porta Romanula.
She is also called Voluptas.1
- Augustine. City of God iv, 8.
- Macrobius. Saturnalia i, 10.
- Pliny the Elder. Epistles viii, 20; Naturalis Historia iii, 5.
- Smith, William. (1870). Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology. London: Taylor, Walton, and Maberly.
- Varro. On the Latin Language v, 164.
This article incorporates text from Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology (1870) by William Smith, which is in the public domain.